Every business, big or small, needs an accountant. If you’ve got a good one, your accountant will become a critical part of your business’s team. How then do you know if you’ve got a one? Here’s a quick check list of things to look out for in a great accountant:
- You can actually understand what they’re talking about
- They tell you about great ways to save tax (not the other way around and you telling them!)
- They work with you to make your life easier – this means getting you setup properly with solid processes
- They return your calls and emails within a day • You’re not afraid to call them out of fear of their clock being turned on (this means they’ve got upfront and fixed pricing)
- They have a no surprises policy and they give you plenty of warning before you have to make a tax payment
- They ‘get’ you and your business
Think it’s time to trade your current accountant in? Give Hamish Mexted at iif Chartered Accountants a call on 04 212 4977 or 021 752 270, or email [email protected] We’d love to chat!