What are the odds of winning the big one, the multi-millions, Powerball! What if I could tell you, I can guarantee you the big prize? Listening now, aren’t you?
However don’t get excited, my answer is completely useless! But before I divulge my secrets of the lottery, lets look at the odds.
The odds of winning Powerball are a staggering 1 in 38,383,800. To put this in perspective, you have a greater chance of getting struck by lightning (1 in 700,000), becoming an Astronaut (1 in 13,200,000) or winning an Olympic Medal (1 in 662,000)!!
But as we know, the more tickets you have, the greater the chance of winning. Lets take that to the next level. What if you were to buy every possible combination? That would cost you a staggering $46,000,000! Yes this is my great idea of guaranteeing a win of Powerball.
There are a few major floors to this argument however.
- New Zealand Powerball can only jackpot to a maximum of $36,000,000;
- The chance of buying every possible combination and not doubling up is very slim;
- Finally, the chance of someone also holding a winning ticket is enough in itself to keep me from doing this
This idea is then bust!
Also, lets look at what else $46m could buy you:
- A 320 acre Private Island in the Caribbean;
- A 60 sleeper, 90m Luxury Yacht
- Your own Private Jet Airbus A340
- Or the great services of iif Chartered Accountants!
If you have recently won lotto and need some advice around you millions, let us know! However if you’re not one of those lucky few people and need help making millions in your business, let us know! We’d love to help!