My Meet the Team.
- What would you be doing if you weren’t at your current job?
Living lean while working on other business ideas.
- What more are you wanting in your career right now?
More hours in the day to get better at what I am already doing.
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are living right now?
I live a pretty cool life right now, however I would be a little more reckless with money and focus more on creating experiences with my young family and friends.
- Describe your biggest failure in business.
Not following through and trusting my business plan/strategy and losing money because of it
- What is one word you would use to describe yourself as a child?
- How do you recharge?
Lazy weekend mornings in bed with the family, yoga and working out
- If you were to tell one person “Thank You” for helping me become the person I am today, who would it be and what did they do?
My best friend since day 1 of school. From being my number 1 competition, inspiration and confidant to wives, mothers and professionals with goals to run a business empire together.
- What movie or novel character do you most identify with?
Cookie – from Empire. A highly intelligent yet ruthless (I’d be less ruthless) business woman who puts family above all else.
- When are you the happiest?
Ending the working week with no loose ends, job well done, so I can be 100% with my family or committing to other interests.
- Fill in the blank: If you really knew me, you’d know_____.
I enjoy eating fish heads with my mama.
- If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Teamwork – everyone is on board with the common goals
Pride – everyone is proud of what we do
Fun – Nothing is taken too seriously
- What would you most regretnot having done by the end of your life?
Not having made more effort to contribute to causes bigger than my own issues like child abuse in NZ and equal education opportunities for all.
- What characteristic do you most admire in others?
A genuine smile
- What one memory do you most treasure?
Summer holidays with all my siblings and cousins at the Marae, swimming and just being so carefree
- If you could change one thing about how you were raised as a child, what would it be?
Nope, the good and the bad (mostly good) made me who I am today.
- What super power would you like to have?
The ability to teleport so I would never have to be stuck in traffic.
- What would a “perfect” day look like for you?
Up early without an alarm, workout, clean ironed outfit magically appearing, good hair day without effort, early to work – job well done, home by 5.30 to a spick and span house. Fun times with my crazy family, dinner on the deck watching the sun set.
- What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in the last year?
Everything happens for a reason and you are exactly where you need to be at any point in your life. It all works out in the end.
- How do you think your coworkers see you?
As a self-assured busy working mama who quite often gets stuck in traffic.
- How do you act when you’re stressed out?
Cool calm and collected on the outside a hot mess on the inside – so I’m an undercover stressor.
- What are you most afraid of and what’s it stopping you from doing?
Not succeeding – giving more business opportunities a shot.